The Best Fish Soup Recipe You Will Ever Make
If you've been looking for a few more family fish recipes, there is a simple fish soup recipe you can try. This recipe uses easy-to-find ingredients and doesn't take long to cook. Trying new fish recipes is one of the things to do with your family at home.
An important tip for fish soup is that you leave your fish fillets whole while cooking. This way, the whole fillets break up into delicious pieces instead of flaking into small pieces.
Best fish for chowder
If you're wondering about the best fish for chowder, any solid fish will work. Here are some examples:
Fish soup recipe
Whether you've tried to come up with a recipe for salmon soup, cod, or haddock, you can add this to your recipe files. This is just another way you can learn how to cook your catch.
- 2 pounds of fish (such as cod, halibut, haddock, or salmon)
- 2 cups of water
- 2 ounces of bacon or salt pork
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 large potatoes, diced
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 liter of milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter
Fish soup directions
Follow these simple instructions to make your own fish soup at home:
- Let the fish simmer in the water for 15 minutes.
- Drain, keep the stock.
- Throw away the flake fish, bones and skin.
- Cook the bacon until crispy.
- Add onions to the remaining fat in the stockpot and fry until golden brown.
- Add fish, potatoes, celery, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Add boiling water to the reserved broth for a total of 3 cups.
- Pour into the saucepan and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Scoop into soup cups.
That's all you need to do to make delicious fish soup for your family. Enjoy!