Grilled fish recipe with mango salsa for summer time cookouts
Summer is the perfect time to choose a favorite grilled fish recipe and light the grill. The best fish to grill are types like halibut or mahi-mahi, as the fillets are firm. If you top the fillets with mango salsa before serving, a touch of delicious tropical flavor is added. Learning to grill fish is easy, it won't take you long to master it.
How to grill fish
The best way to grill fish is to make sure your grill is hot before adding the fillets. If you put fillets on a cold grill, the fish will stick to the grids. Also, be sure to brush olive oil on both sides of the fish before placing the fillets on the grill.
There are many healthy fish recipes to cook on the grill after your family adventures outdoors. If you don't have a lot of experience cooking fish and want to know how to cook fish on the grill this summer, just follow these simple instructions:
- 4 (4-6 oz) halibut steaks or mahi-mahi fillets
- 2 TBSP. Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Mango salsa ingredients
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 TBSP. freshly chopped coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Recipe recommendation for grilled fish
- Preheat the grill to medium height and brush the fish on both sides with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Grill the fish for about 5 minutes on each side until it is done.
- Mix the ingredients for mango salsa in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve salsa over fish.
Once this summer grilled fish recipe is served, your family will likely ask you to make it more often.